The European Network Against Racism, Ireland (ENAR Ireland) is a not-for-profit Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO). It is a national membership organisation, comprising of over 40 anti-racist community and voluntary organisations and groups, including Trade Unions. ENAR Ireland is the Irish National Platform of the European Network Against Racism (ENAR), which coordinates responses to racism at a European Union level from over 180 anti-racist organisations across 30 European states. ENAR Ireland works to coordinate civic society responses for combating racism and xenophobia at local, national and European levels.
Community Development Worker
ENAR Ireland wishes to recruit a community development worker to build the participation of people affected by racism in Ireland in the work of ENAR Ireland and to support the development of anti-racism infrastructure nationally.
Specific Duties Include
- Support participation of those affected by racism through outreach meetings, leadership development and training
- Develop ENAR Ireland’s work to build National infrastructure to combat racism
- Support the development of iReport.ie data collection and collation
- Develop links with civil society organisations
- Liaise with and develop relationships the media
- Identify of relevant funding opportunities and submission of grant proposals
- Represent ENAR Ireland externally at meetings, public events
- Prepare written reports and maintain records when necessary
- Any other duties as agreed with the Director and Board
- Experience in community work or community development.
- Strong anti-racist, equality and power analysis
- Group work experience
- Experience of policy development
- Capacity to be creative and innovative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Understanding of civil society organisations in Ireland
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- A knowledge of issues facing racialised minorities, including migrant workers, asylum seekers and Travellers.
- Computer literacy
- Experience in anti-discrimination practice and of working with minority or marginalised groups.
- An understanding of national and international anti discriminatory and human rights frameworks.
- Qualification in community work or community development.
The position is a part time/four days per week (28 hours) contract based in Dublin until July 2016 (subject to funding), with a 6 month probationary period. Work will involve travelling and may involve unsocial hours including evenings and week-ends. Salary is circa €35,000- €37,000 pro rata for a 4 day (28 hour) week. Please send a copy of your CV, accompanied by a letter of motivation, to the Director, ENAR Ireland, to email@example.com, with “Community Development Post” in the subject heading, no later than 5.00pm on Friday 19 Sept 2014. Interviews anticipated to take place Tues 23 & Wed 24 Sept 2014. Commencement date Monday 29 Sept 2014. Shortlisting will apply. If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. ENAR Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and would particularly welcome applications from candidates from minority ethnic backgrounds.